The Milo P. Jewett house was constructed in 1875 for a prominent wholesale merchant and it is one of only a handful of hip-roofed, cream brick Italianate style fine residences left in Milwaukee. The residence located in the Yankee Hill neighborhood in Milwaukee’s lower east side houses the executive offices of Everett Smith Group, Ltd. The building was listed as a City of Milwaukee Landmark in 1984.
The building restoration and improvements are designed in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior Preservation Standards to coordinate with the historic character of the building(s) for continued office occupancy use.
The project includes historic reconstruction of front and side porches / stairs, foundation repairs, brick and limestone masonry restoration and reconstruction of chimneys, window restoration and reconstruction of windows previously removed, wood trim and door restoration, reconstruction of built-in gutters and standing seam copper roof, lighting replacements, and period appropriate interior remodeling.
The project also includes interior remodeling / restoration and restoration / repairs to the 1920’s garage and historically appropriate new landscaping.
CLIENT: Everett Smith Group, Ltd
LOCATION: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
STATUS: Completed December 2012
SIZE: 5,135 square feet
INVOLVEMENT: Principal / Restoration Architect
AWARDS: 2012 Cream of the Cream City, City Of Milwaukee Historic Preservation Commission
2014 Mayor’s Design Award, City of Milwaukee Mayor’s Office
Launch Project Gallery